Platelet – Rich Plasma (PRP) is blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets. As a concentrated source of autologous platelets, PRP contains several different growth factors and other cytokines that stimulate healing of bone and soft tissue.
· Facial rejuvenation (anti-aging)
· Hand rejuvenation
· Treats acne scars
· acts as a biological filler
· treats hair loss/ balding
· improves stretch marks
· repairs damaged tissue/ soft tissue injury
The procedure is done over three sessions (one treatment per month over three months)
· RBC : red blood corpuscles
· WBC: white blood corpuscles
· Platelets:these help the blood to clot.The platelets also contain many growth factors, eg.epidermal growth factor
· Blood is removed from a patient ( approx 20mls)
· It is then centrifuged and the platelet rich plasma is removed.
· It is the introduced into your skin by various techniques.